Hobbies are a great way to engage your kids in some extra activities. Not only for kids but for parent also it is a good way to learn something new and discover one’s own inborn passion. All it requires is some spare time, interest and a small effort in the right direction from the parent’s side.
Sometimes hobbies take shape of passion and turn into a profession. Don’t mistake hobbies to be just painting or fine arts. It can also be theatre, dancing, sports etc. Just make sure that you obsereve your child carefully to know his areas of interest.
Here are a few ways you can help your kids develop hobbies:
- Observe your kids in their free time:See what interests your child in their free time and encourage them. For example, if your child scribbles with pens and colours in their free time, help them discover their talent and hone skills.
- See what they see on TV:TV plays a vital role in kids’ life as kids get to learn a lot from the kind of programmes they watch. For example, if your kid watches dancing shows, you should probably enrol them in dance classes. Encourage their passion and guide them to move ahead in the field.
- Share your hobby with them:Sharing your hobby will act as a motivation for them. Kids like to imitate their elders and more specifically their parents. If they see their parents following their passion and hobby then it forms positive impression on them. It can be as simple as gardening or cooking or even a sport or outdoor activity.
- Check with the teachers:Always check with your kids’ teacher to know about their interests and performance. These days, kids spend half of their time in school under teachers’ supervision. Teachers know their kids more and can help you understand what interests your child. So next time you are at a parent-teacher meeting, ask them if they can tell you your child’s favorite subject or activities. You can then help your child explore more activities based on that knowledge.
- Expose them to different activities:Always introduce your child to different activities to widen their horizon. They may lose interest in one activity with time but they will have something else to carry forward with.
Posted on :2017-03-14 14:10:41